With a majestic harbour, awesome panoramas, breathtaking sunsets, and the Sleeping Giant, Thunder Bay is home to some great views. Especially those that are the backdrop to a world-class port visited by hundreds of vessels every year, carrying millions of tons of cargo! The vibrant maritime industry and nature’s finest team up to create a brilliant juxtaposition. What’s your favourite view of the Port of Thunder Bay?
Enter the Let’s Sea it Your Way Photo Challenge and share an image with us that captures something spectacular about the Port of Thunder Bay for your chance to win the Superior Prize Pack.
Whether it’s your favourite laker, saltie, or Nanabijou, each of us has our own view of the Port of Thunder Bay. Show us yours!
Superior Prize Packages will be awarded one per category.
Stay tuned for details.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Take a photo of your superior view. Always remember water safety, and make sure you don’t go on any private property. Suggested public locations to visit to get your photo: Prince Arthur’s Landing/Marina Park, Hillcrest Park, Fisherman’s Park, Mission Marsh
- Post your photo entries on your social accounts (Instagram & Facebook), tagging @portofthunderbay with the hashtag #PortPhotochallenge
- No limit on number of photo entries
- Posts must be shared between September 4 –October 9, 2020 by midnight EST.
*TC-approved drone flying only.
A panel of local photographers will select the winners based on composition, originality, and the impact of the overall photo. One winner will be selected per category and awarded the Superior Prize Pack. Images will also be used in future marketing efforts by the Port of Thunder Bay.
Categories include the following:
- Best Saltie photo
- Best Laker photo
- GIANT View: Best photo of a ship or ships with the Sleeping Giant
- Superior sunset or sunrise (of the Port of Thunder Bay/Harbour)