The Port of Thunder Bay’s Environmental Pledge
Guiding staff to environmental responsibility in the workplace.
The Port of Thunder Bay is dedicated to environmental responsibility while ensuring that the Port of Thunder Bay meets the needs of its many users.
- The Port will employ applicable environmental legislation, regulations and policies to all projects within its jurisdiction
- The Port will ensure environmental aspects will be given concurrent consideration with economic and engineering aspects on waterfront projects
- The Port will work closely with port users and other stakeholders to adhere to safe environmental practices
The Port of Thunder Bay is dedicated to a safe working environment for its employees and to a program of environmental responsibility in the workplace.
- The Port will undertake responsible environmental practices that will ensure the health and safety of its employees
- The Port will call on its employees to reduce waste, re-use products where practicable and recycle where possible
- The Port will purchase environmentally friendly products where practicable